The tools in this toolbox are designed to assist employers with various administrative functions, including the following:
- the screening of visitors (Annexure 7)
- the declaration of COVID-19 symptoms (Annexure 8)
- the suggested approach how to deal with comorbidities (Annexure 9)
- the tracking of employee or visitor travelling history (Annexure 10)
- the utilisation of employees of employer vehicle(s) (Annexure 11)
- the suggested PPE register (Annexure 12)
lastly, we have also compiled a summary of return to work considerations that should be taken into account when compiling your specific employer responsibilities checklist, as well as your return to work policy (Annexure 13 attached hereto is such summary of considerations).
As indicated before, when adapting the recommended documentation to your specific environment, consideration should be given to your specific workplace, business, the industry within which you operate and the realities of your workforce.
It is apparent that government initially took the viewpoint that vaccination against Covid-19 should not be compulsory. However, it appears that the recently-promulgated Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures (‘the Directions’) signifies a very different approach.